MINING & CONSTRUCTION
Employment Innovations has a workforce management solution that is perfect for mining, civil and construction industry contractors with between 5 and 100 staff. Why? Because the ups and downs of project based work are difficult to manage. Workloads fluctuate and human resources, payroll and compliance can be different from one site to the next.
Having necessary resources and expertise on-call is difficult when your workload continually fluctuates. Employing full time staff in-house is not only expensive but it doesn’t make sense with the project based nature of the industry.
THE COMPLETE SOLUTION
The secret to managing the complexity of a mining and construction business is simplicity and we can offer a broad range of services under one roof.
We employ over 500 mining and construction workers under our outsourced employment model with mobilisation and facilitation requirements.
EMPLOYMENT LAW AT OUR CORE
Underpinned by EI Legal, specialist employment law firm.
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT IN MINING & CONSTRUCTION
Our mining and construction workforce management service can be broken down into 4 parts:
Stage 1: Submitting Your Tender Application
- EI assists you to understand your labour costs by calculating employment entitlements in accordance with site specific conditions.
- EI gives you access to a Fair Work Commission approved enterprise agreement which is suitable to your industry and classifications of workers.
- EI assists you with an Employee Relations Management Plan (ERMP) ensuring all principal contract obligations are met.
- EI reviews all compliance related documentation prior to final tender submission.
Stage 2: Contract Is Awarded
- EI develops your workforce mobilisation plan in accordance with your client requirements.
- EI reviews/develops your workplace safety and human resources plan in accordance with your client ERMP specifications.
- EI develops additional policies and procedures to assist you with smooth business operations.
- EI identifies any indigenous worker obligations and creates a project specific plan.
- EI implements an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) suitable for your project.
Stage 3: Project Commencement
- EI recruits additional team members if required.
- EI develops employment contracts.
- EI manages the site specific induction process.
- EI mobilises all staff to site.
- EI provides payroll management in accordance with site specific conditions and manages all statutory obligations.
- EI provides ongoing flight, roster and accommodation management for staff.
- EI manages all workers compensation incidents including return to work programs.
- EI provides ongoing human resources and workplace advice for the duration of the project.
Stage 4: Demobilisation
- EI de-mobilises your workforce from site.
- EI calculates final termination pay for staff in accordance with site specific requirements.
LATEST MINING & CONSTRUCTION NEWS
The Fair Work Commission recently announced changes to the below three awards within the building and construction industry; Building and Construction General On-site Award 2010; Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010; Mobile Crane Hiring Award 2010. These...
The Federal Court decision handed down on 21 May 2020, of WorkPac Pty Ltd v Rossato  FCAFC 84 received a huge amount of - somewhat misleading - publicity regarding casual entitlements. Despite many commentators discussing the case under headlines claiming that...
In this Case Update, we look at three recent employment law cases. Full details of all the decisions are available on EI Legal's website. Landmark decision on personal/carer's leave to be appealed The Federal Court recently handed down a decision on how much...
MAKING EMPLOYMENT EASIER BY COMBINING HR, LEGAL & PAYROLL SERVICES WITH TECHNOLOGY