MINING & CONSTRUCTION
Employment Innovations has a workforce management solution that is perfect for mining, civil and construction industry contractors with between 5 and 100 staff. Why? Because the ups and downs of project based work are difficult to manage. Workloads fluctuate and human resources, payroll and compliance can be different from one site to the next.
Having necessary resources and expertise on-call is difficult when your workload continually fluctuates. Employing full time staff in-house is not only expensive but it doesn’t make sense with the project based nature of the industry.
THE COMPLETE SOLUTION
The secret to managing the complexity of a mining and construction business is simplicity and we can offer a broad range of services under one roof.
We employ over 500 mining and construction workers under our outsourced employment model with mobilisation and facilitation requirements.
EMPLOYMENT LAW AT OUR CORE
Underpinned by EI Legal, specialist employment law firm.
SPEAK TO AN INDUSTRY EXPERT
Managing Partner, WA
“We pride ourselves on knowing that no other business in WA can deliver such a comprehensive workforce management solution as EI does.”
“In the mining and construction industry, we understand that no two businesses are alike. That is why it is important that we continue to deliver bespoke solutions to each of our clients.”
“I enjoy talking to potential clients as EI offers a truly unique service. EI has a culture of saying yes so I feel we can assist businesses with most of their workforce needs.”
WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT IN MINING & CONSTRUCTION
Our mining and construction workforce management service can be broken down into 4 parts:
Stage 1: Submitting Your Tender Application
- EI assists you to understand your labour costs by calculating employment entitlements in accordance with site specific conditions.
- EI gives you access to a Fair Work Commission approved enterprise agreement which is suitable to your industry and classifications of workers.
- EI assists you with an Employee Relations Management Plan (ERMP) ensuring all principal contract obligations are met.
- EI reviews all compliance related documentation prior to final tender submission.
Stage 2: Contract Is Awarded
- EI develops your workforce mobilisation plan in accordance with your client requirements.
- EI reviews/develops your workplace safety and human resources plan in accordance with your client ERMP specifications.
- EI develops additional policies and procedures to assist you with smooth business operations.
- EI identifies any indigenous worker obligations and creates a project specific plan.
- EI implements an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) suitable for your project.
Stage 3: Project Commencement
- EI recruits additional team members if required.
- EI develops employment contracts.
- EI manages the site specific induction process.
- EI mobilises all staff to site.
- EI provides payroll management in accordance with site specific conditions and manages all statutory obligations.
- EI provides ongoing flight, roster and accommodation management for staff.
- EI manages all workers compensation incidents including return to work programs.
- EI provides ongoing human resources and workplace advice for the duration of the project.
Stage 4: Demobilisation
- EI de-mobilises your workforce from site.
- EI calculates final termination pay for staff in accordance with site specific requirements.
LATEST MINING & CONSTRUCTION NEWS
Many businesses in the building, civil and mining and professional services industries in particular, underestimate the benefit of a well-constructed employment contract. This is especially the case when businesses engage workers for a project, specific period or high...read more
It’s imperative that WA construction industry employers understand their legal requirement to make long service leave contributions to their employees.read more
Businesses in the Mining, Civil and Construction industries often choose paying their workforce a flat rate of pay for all hours worked. Most businesses don’t realise that by paying flat rates of pay you can be liable for paying superannuation on all hours worked.read more
HR, PAYROLL, COMPLIANCE & LEGAL EXPERTISE PLUS HR SOFTWARE IN ONE SIMPLE SUBSCRIPTION