CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) KNOWLEDGE BASE
This knowledge base page is a repository for all Coronavirus (COVID-19) related content from Employment Innovations and our partners, to provide clarity for our customers & Australian businesses during these times of previously unseen challenges.
Where to begin
Implement a Coronavirus Workplace Policy
We highly recommend implementing a coronavirus workplace policy within your business or ask your employer to do so, if they have not done so already. We have provided the following templates which cover to following;
- What steps should I take to combat infection?
- What if I suspect I have symptoms of coronavirus?
- What if I am diagnosed with coronavirus?
- What if I come in contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of coronavirus?
- What if I have recently travelled abroad?
- What arrangements might the company introduce at this time?
Helpful resources during the coronavirus pandemic
Download Policy Templates
Download Letter Templates
Other resources, guides and articles
Webinars and Live Q&A sessions
Returning to the Workplace post COVID-19
Started thinking about asking your staff to return to their normal physical workplace? But you’re not sure of your obligations, responsibilities and rights… Then, you should watch this webinar recording.
Our Head of HR, Alana Giddy spoke with one of our Senior HR Partners, Louise Alagich on the key things that employers should consider when returning to the workplace post COVID-19 including:
- Working from home vs the physical workplace,
- Developing and implementing a COVID-19 Safe Plan,
- Ensuring you have met your Return to Work requirements,
- Our tips and tricks on managing the transition.
How COVID-19 drove change in our remote working program!
In these extraordinary times, like all businesses, Employment Innovations (EI) had to adjust its operating rhythm to a 100% remote workforce.
EI’s Amanda Daff (Head of Growth) & Bronwen Kaspers (Head of P&C) shared helpful tips and strategies you can use based on our learned experiences including:
- The biggest challenges (and how to overcome them) of a remote workforce,
- What worked when engaging remote teams,
- What clearly didn’t work!
- How we see the nature of HR changing into the future.
The human response to COVID-19
Hosted by Ben Thompson, CEO and Alex Hattingh, Chief People Officer at Employment Hero. Ben is a seasoned business owner and Alex has a wealth of HR experience. Together they spoke about:
- How to best support your leaders and employees through these very uncertain times,
- Alternatives to redundancy,
- How to navigate stand-downs and redundancy,
- Live Q & A.
COVID-19 and Employer Obligations
Our first live Q&A webinar session was held on Monday 23 March 2020. If you missed it or would like to rewatch it, you can access the recording below:
Our second live Q&A webinar session was held on Thursday 26 March 2020. You can access the recording below:
Need HR advice? Book a free 30 Minute HR Consultation!
FREE HR CONSULTATION
Book your free 30 minute 1:1 session today!
Helpful information from our partners
About Employment Innovations
Employment Innovations is one of Australia’s leading providers of employment services designed to increase productivity and ensure compliance. Its services and solutions include all the tools that every Australian small to medium sized employer needs – including workplace advice, legal services, payroll solutions, migration, human resource management and HR software.
The information provided in these knowledge base articles is general in nature and is not intended to substitute for professional advice. If you are unsure about how this information applies to your specific situation we recommend you contact Employment Innovations for advice.
The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic will continue to change over the coming weeks and we recommend following the advice of State & Federal governments & health authorities. This article was originally published on 19 March 2020 and last updated on 28 July 2021.
Enquire about our outsourced HR & Payroll services today
Could your business benefit from expert HR & Payroll advice during the Coronavirus pandemic? To get in touch with us, just fill in the enquiry form, and a member of our team will reach out soon.