SIMPLIFYING HR AND FAIR WORK COMPLIANCE
47%* OF EMPLOYERS AUDITED BY FAIR WORK ARE NOT COMPLIANT. MINIMISE RISK AND NON-COMPLIANCE DISRUPTION TO YOUR BUSINESS SO YOU CAN GET ON WITH DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST.
- The most common areas of non-compliance are not paying your employees correctly and failing to follow the correct employment termination procedures.
- In 2016-17 the Fair Work Ombudsman recovered more than $30m on behalf of employees.
- In 2017, the maximum penalties for non-compliance increased ten-fold to a maximum of $630,000 for serious contraventions of the Fair Work Act.
- Individuals such as company directors and officers can also be personally accountable for the actions of their companies, including HR and payroll officers.
- Franchisors can be held liable for contraventions of the Fair Work Act by its franchisees.
- Subscribers get access to unlimited workplace advice.
- Access to the sharpest workplace consultants to ensure that your contracts, workplace policies and HR practices are consistent with Fair Work legislation and relevant Awards.
- HR software to ensure contracts and policies are in place and compliance-related tasks are automated.
- Flexible payroll solutions that include Award interpretation.
DON’T KNOW IF YOUR
BUSINESS IS COMPLIANT?
Take our Complimentary 10 Point General Compliance Check to help identify your gaps.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
*Fair Work Ombudsman Annual Report 2016/17
HELP FOR EMPLOYERS
FREE HEALTH CHECK
Speak to one of our workplace experts to provide insights into how you can reduce risk in your business.
10 POINT GENERAL COMPLIANCE CHECK
We have designed a quick and easy checklist to assist businesses review their compliance practices. It only takes 5 mins and is free of charge.
For only $10 per employee per month, get access to unlimited workplace advice, backed by representation in the event of any claims, plus the extra peace of mind that comes from a compliance audit to reduce risk. Easy-to-use HR software is also available to help simplify your HR and compliance obligations.
YOUR ESSENTIAL HR & COMPLIANCE SOLUTION
1. EI will review your contracts and policies and confirm Award compliance requirements.
2. You will get access to additional HR documents and tools from our extensive library.
3. HR documents will be loaded into your cloud-based HR software, Employment Hero.
4. You and your managers gain access to immediate and unlimited expertise and workplace advice.
5. Advice is backed by representation in the event of any complex workplace claims.
6. We keep you updated with important changes to workplace laws and industry news.
By choosing to work with us, you are not just choosing the leading employment experts in
Australia. You are making a commitment to make employment easier and more rewarding in
your business like many of our valued clients.
Noodle Box | Tasty | Inabox Group | Scentia | IGA | Deus Ex Machina | Arden Homes | DMK | Hello Australia | ANZSOG | Shichida | Winning Appliances | Positive Group | Youth Care Support Services
HELP FOR FRANCHISORS
The Fair Work Ombudsman is now targeting franchisors to make them potentially liable to prosecution in the event of any contraventions of the Fair Work Act by their franchisees. Franchisors are now required to do more to prevent damaging compliance issues arising in their networks – such as provisioning payroll and workplace advice to franchises or partnering with service providers to ensure compliance is being managed – leveraging their economies of scale in the process.
The Fair Work Ombudsman recommends that franchisors should:
- Include Fair Work compliance obligations into franchise agreements;
- Provide franchisees with support to comply with workplace laws and access to expert advice;
- Establish a channel for employees of franchisees to report workplace issues; and
- Monitor workplace compliance in the network and carrying out audits.
Employment Innovations have the following proven solutions for franchisors:
- Network events and webinars to educate franchisees on HR and compliance;
- Implementation of payroll software and support (with included Award interpretation) across the network;
- Pay and compliance audits;
- Provision of unlimited workplace advice and representation for franchisees;
- Access to integrated HR software to automate and streamline HR processes to minimise risk;
- Provide a suite of HR documents; and
- Whistleblower hotline for employee queries.
Our industry experts are passionate about providing strategic direction and clarity to franchisors to help them reduce risk and add value to their franchisees in the process.
LATEST FAIR WORK COMPLIANCE NEWS
The end of the financial year marks not only an important time of the year for employers, but an opportunity for businesses to reconfigure the way they operate in preparation for a more compliant and productive financial year ahead. Over the next month, a lot of...read more
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) confirmed today that minimum wages will increase by 3.5% from 1st July 2018. This decision impacts employers and employees under Awards and Agreements that are linked to the minimum wage decision. Impact on Award & Agreement Rates of Pay...read more
Keeping proper records is an often-overlooked part of running a business. In a recent underpayment case, the Federal Circuit Court has highlighted the importance of employers meeting their record-keeping obligations, and the serious penalties for failing to do so....read more
YOUR COMPLETE HR, PAYROLL, COMPLIANCE & SOFTWARE SOLUTION