As part of any human resources solution provided as an add-on to a subscription plan, line managers can get access to technical and behavioural training modules designed to build their capability and confidence so that they can effectively lead and make quality decisions. Training modules run for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours each.
Legal Obligations of Employment
Takes managers through the legal framework underpinning employment. The session will equip managers with a solid understanding of employee entitlements and conditions.
• Industrial framework
• Federal and state legislation
• Industrial instruments
• The difference between an employee and a
• Employment contracts and policies
Workplace Safety for Managers
Offers practical guidance for managers in managing workplace health and safety risks.
• Importance of WH&S
• Statutory obligations
• Work, health and safety system
• Manager responsibilities
• Risk management
• Incident response
• Injury management
Provides guidance on managing poor performance of employees in a fair and consistent manner.
• Performance management
• Performance vs misconduct
• Managing underperformance
• Workplace investigations
Preparing for One on Ones & Managing Ongoing Performance
Equips managers with skills to manage performance in a positive and effective way.
• Effective one on ones
• Managing ongoing performance & expectations
• Giving & receiving feedback
• Preparing for a difficult conversation
• Create lasting change
Manager to Leader
Designed to help managers understand and develop their leadership skills and style to get the best out of themselves and their team.
• Leadership qualities
• Leadership flaws
• The 6 styles of leadership
• How and when to adapt your style
• Keys to managing yourself, your team & the
• Enterprise leadership
• Action plans & next steps
Aims to increase managers’ capability in using the Employment Hero HR platform for transactional HR Activities.
• Employee onboarding
• Company settings
• Employee records and information keeping
• Induction and HR documents
• Leave management and requests
• Performance reviews and goals
Company, Team & Individual Goal Setting (Aligning Performance)
Helps managers to align key business strategies with team and individual objectives to improve business and employee performance.
• Modern performance management
• Why are goals important?
• Best practices
• SMART objectives
• Rhythm and rituals
• Employment Hero goal setting tools
Coaching in the Workplace
How to make coaching a rewarding experience for your managers by learning key skills and applied techniques.
• Key skills of questioning, listening, body language, rapport, empathy, giving feedback and goal setting
• Conversation starters
• 1:1 coaching tool
• Understanding and appreciating your own development as a coach
• Creating lasting change
MAKING EMPLOYMENT EASIER BY COMBINING HR, LEGAL & PAYROLL SERVICES WITH TECHNOLOGY